- The Clash of Clans Hidden Tesla is a defensive building with a twist: Similar to a Spring Trap or Bomb, it stays hidden and only appears when a ground or air unit gets close. However, unlike a Trap, it does not have to be repurchased after being deployed.
- The Hidden Tesla is unlocked at Town Hall level 7.
- Most high level players have them near the Town Hall rather than the storages.
- A major source of confusion regarding the Hidden Tesla is that while it has a range of 7, it has a trigger range of 6. The Hidden Tesla will not appear unless the enemy units come within its 6-tile trigger range. The only exception to this rule is that Hidden Teslas will reveal themselves once a base has incurred at least 50% damage, as they must be destroyed (along with all other buildings) in order to achieve 3 stars.
- Once the Hidden Tesla is revealed, it will stay visible and attack units out to its maximum range until it is destroyed.
- The Tesla does double damage to P.E.K.K.As and prioritize them over other units.
- The Tesla deals the most damage of any defensive building that can target both ground and air units.
- Fully upgraded Hidden Tesla can do more damage then fully upgraded Archer Tower and Cannon.
- Wizards have trapped storm clouds into each of these sneaky towers.
- The main advantage of the Hidden Tesla is that it is (hopefully) a surprise. Capitalize on that. A well-placed Hidden Tesla can wreak havoc on an attacker’s offensive strategy.
- Unfortunately many players design their villages such that it has only as many 2×2 open spaces as it has Hidden Teslas available, which makes it obvious where they are located. Instead, try to make sure that there are a few different places where Hidden Teslas could be lurking.
- Be cautious when upgrading the Hidden Tesla as this will reveal its location to future attackers. Combat this by relocating it during the upgrade period.
- Before attacking, look for obvious places where a Hidden Tesla might be located and avoid them. Hidden Teslas will only activate when Troops come close to them. If one happens to trigger, keep in mind that it has a low range. If you cannot destroy it easily, avoid deploying more Troops near it if possible, as Hidden Teslas can put out high amounts of damage.
- If you see a 2×2 empty square space surrounded by Walls, it is very likely that a Hidden Tesla has been placed there. Be aware that Hidden Teslas are only for Town Hall level 7+.
- One Giant and a few Archers can quite easily destroy a Hidden Tesla, as it has relatively low health.
- Some people have free places inside walls, but place a Hidden Tesla to deceive the enemy.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Preferred Target||Size|
|6 then 7||0.6s||Single Target||Ground & Air||P.E.K.K.A (damage x2)||2×2|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder’s Hut|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Dark Spell Factory • Archer Queen Altar|
|Other Buildings||Town Hall • Clan Castle • Decorations • Obstacles|