Our Alchemists have finally figured a way to extract pure Dark Elixir, the rarest form of the magickal substance.
- The Dark Elixir Drill collects Dark Elixir from an unlimited underground reserve, and stores it until it is collected by the player and placed into a Dark Elixir Storage. When the drill is full, production will be stopped until it is collected.
- Attackers can steal up to 75% of the uncollected Dark Elixir in the drill. Having too many uncollected resources will make players a more attractive target.
- The Dark Elixir Drill takes up a 3×3 space.
- The Dark Elixir Drill is unlocked at Town Hall level 8, though the Storage is unlocked at Town Hall level 7. Until the drill is constructed, Dark Elixir can only be obtained by raiding (or using Gems).
- When you choose to upgrade a Dark Elixir Drill, it will automatically collect any uncollected Dark Elixir. Note that if your Dark Elixir Storage is full at that time, the uncollected Dark Elixir will be lost. During the upgrade the drill stops producing Dark Elixir; if it is destroyed in an attack while the upgrade is in progress, no resources will be lost to the attacker, as the drill is empty.
- It is rather difficult to see without zooming in, but you can visually tell approximately how much Dark Elixir a Dark Elixir Drill currently contains by looking at the glass box on the top rear portion of the drill. An empty (clear) box means the Drill is less than 20% full, while a full (black) box means the Drill is at least 80% full.
- You can temporarily boost its production with Gems. Spending Gems will double the Drill’s production for 1 day.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
*The “Catch Up Point” is the time at which the newly upgraded drill has equaled the total production of the drill had it not been upgraded – this does not consider recovering the cost of the other resource required to perform the upgrade. For example, when going from Level 2 to Level 3, it would take 6 days to make up the Dark Elixir that would have been produced during the upgrade time.
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Wizard Tower • Air Defense • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Elixir Collector • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Drill • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder’s Hut|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar|
|Other Buildings||Town Hall • Clan Castle • Decorations • Obstacles|