- Dark Barracks allow you to train Dark Elixir Troops using Dark Elixir. These troops will be stationed in Army Camps.
- Dark Barracks are unable to function while being upgraded, considerably increasing the time it takes to train your armies; this should be taken into consideration when deciding to upgrade a Dark Barracks. Any troops that are queued up inside will complete their training once the upgrade has been finished.
- Once you have queued Troops in your Dark Barracks, you can instantly complete their training with Gems; the amount required is directly proportional to the amount of time remaining to finish training normally.
- There is also an option to boost Troop production for 45 minutes. The boost option costs 25 Gems and will increase the training speed of the boosted Dark Barracks by a factor of 4.
- Similar to the normal Barracks, Troops may be removed from the Dark Barracks training queue at no penalty; 100% of the Dark Elixir cost will be refunded to you.
- You may queue more Troops than your Army Camps can hold. This is useful for two reasons:
- You may queue Troops prior to engaging in combat (either single-player or multiplayer). Your Dark Barracks will begin creating Troops proportional to the amount of time you spent from when you start searching for opponent to completing an attack, significantly reducing your downtime between battles.
- You may queue Troops to ‘hide’ Dark Elixir while you are offline, as long as your Army Camps are full. Currently up to 3,340 Dark Elixir can be hidden in this fashion (two level 5 Golems, one level 4 Valkyrie and one level 5 Minion in each of the two level 4 Dark Barracks). When you return you simply un-queue all of your Dark Barracks to reclaim your hidden Dark Elixir.
- A Dark Barracks will maintain its queue if destroyed by enemy Troops, and will even continue to produce new units if your Army Camps has sufficient space.
- The Dark Barracks is the only Barracks in which you are allowed to create Dark Elixir Troops.
- After the 25 March 2013 maintenance break, level 8 and 9 Town Halls were allowed to own a second Dark Barracks.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience
|Boost Cost||Hitpoints||Maximum Unit Queue Length||Town Hall
|2||1,250,000||5 days||657||25||300||50||7||Hog Rider|
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Wizard Tower • Air Defense • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Elixir Collector • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Drill • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder’s Hut|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar|
|Other Buildings||Town Hall • Clan Castle • Decorations • Obstacles|