- The Army Camp takes up a 5×5 space. They continue to function even when they are being upgraded, allowing you to keep your armies at full capacity at all times.
- In the Halloween update, Troops would not die/disappear even after one’s camps are destroyed. Due to people’s support towards keeping this feature, Supercell has made it permanent. Now Troops inside the camp, even if destroyed, don’t perish.
- The Army Camp is where your troops go when they’re done training. Some Troops may take up more than one space (Giants, Wall Breakers, Balloons, Wizards, Healers, Dragons, P.E.K.K.As, Minions, Hog Riders, Valkyries and Golems). Upgrading and building more Army Camps allow more Troops to be stored, allowing higher chances of victory in raids. The Troops inside will NOT defend your village; only ones that have been donated from your clanmates in the Clan Castle can.
- The maximum amount of housing space you can have for your Troops is 240 (4 Army Camps x 60 spaces). This increases to 270 if you include the extra 30 in a fully upgraded Clan Castle.
- The Barbarian King does not take up space in the Army Camps; neither does the Archer Queen. Both Heroes either patrol the village or sleep on their own Altar.
- You should not surround your Army Camps with Walls, as they do not need protecting. Also, the army camps occupy a lot of space (5 x 5). More walls are needed to contain them when the extra walls can be used to surround defensive buildings that are already inside the wall, strengthening the defense.
- It is always preferable to initially build all available Army Camps, and then upgrade the lowest-level ones first. Every time you upgrade (except upgrading to level 2) the camp only gains 5 more housing space and it costs more elixir the more you upgrade. The next level is at least 3 times more expensive than the one before it.
- Army camps have a significant amount of health so keeping them in range of a defense (though not inside walls) is a wise strategy. The attacking troops will spend a considerable amount of time destroying the Army Camps, allowing defensive buildings ample time to fire shots on them.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Troop Capacity||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Wizard Tower • Air Defense • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Elixir Collector • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Drill • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder’s Hut|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar|
|Other Buildings||Town Hall • Clan Castle • Decorations • Obstacles|