Grand Warden Summary
The Grand Warden joins the ranks of Clash of Clans Hero’s. Learn more about the latest troop.
- The Grand Warden is based on both the Wizard and the Healer, similar to how a Barbarian King and Archer Queen resemble a Barbarian and Archer respectively.
- He is automatically summoned once the Grand Warden Altar is constructed, which costs 6,000,000 Elixir and is available at Town Hall 11.
- The Grand Warden initiates a range of his passive Life Aura upon deployment, which grants units with additional health. Any unit to leave this range is stripped of the ability, unless they re-enter it.
- The level of this passive ability is increased once every level, unlike his active ability which is increased every 5 levels.
- The Grand Warden is the third hero in the game, being weak in physical strength but extremely powerful in support. His active ability, Eternal Tome renders all friendly troops within his aura invincible to damage for a short time.
- Eternal Tome is upgraded every five levels that the Warden increases. The ability’s duration increases by 0.5 seconds per level.
- During defensive mode, he will turn into a stone statue and act as any other defensive tower while using his Life Aura to provide a health boost to defending troops and buildings.
- The Grand Warden will attack the building being attacked by the highest number/troop space troop, and will continue to attack that building until it’s destroyed.
Grand Warden Offensive Strategy
- The Grand Warden can be used as an air or ground Hero, thus he can fit into any preferred army composition.
- The Grand Warden can be described as a ‘Super Wizard’ as his resemblance to the Wizard.
- His ability, Eternal Tome, makes himself and friendly units in his range invincible to damage, and is crucial for destroying bases with a high DPS core.
- He is the only hero that doesn’t require proper funneling to be fully effective. He goes to wherever most of the troops are immediately. This allows more concentration for timing of spell deployment and troops.
- It can also be used to effectively counter the Eagle Artillery using large groups of troops; this also allows them to be able to destroy more than before.
- Troops in range of Eternal Tome can be healed while active, even if targeted by an Inferno Tower.
- The Grand Warden can jump over walls, much like a Hog Rider, regardless of him being in ground or air mode.
- He will follow the troop with the highest housing space or the largest mass of troops, so bunching up troops with the Grand Warden is crucial to getting the most out of his abilities.
- Even if the Grand Warden can jump over Walls, he will attack the Wall piece that a large mass of your other ground troops are also attacking. This is unlike the Hog Rider and Miner, who never attack Walls.
- If your Grand Warden is in air mode, be wary of Seeking Air Mines as when your Grand Warden gets targeted by one without his Eternal Tome, he will be killed single-handedly regardless of his level.
- The Grand Warden can attack a Wizard Tower or Hidden Tesla without being hit. This is because his range is far enough for him to not get hit.
- His hitpoints are low, but his range and DPS are quite good, although not fit as a core defense. He will serve as a good support unit against the new Eagle Artillery defense, although he will not survive long without other units to soak up damage.
- He creates a buff to boost defensive troops and buildings. It is recommended to place his alter near structures that will receive the benefit such as the Clan Castle, or other Heroes.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range||Search Radius|
|Any||Ranged (Ground & Air)||16||1.8s||7||10|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Hit||Hitpoints||Regen Time||Ability Level||Elixir Training Cost||Training Time||Town Hall Level Required|
Life Aura Ability (Passive)
|Ability Level||% HP Increase||Max HP Increase|
Eternal Tome Ability (Active)
|Ability Level||Ability Time|
Grand Warden VS. Eagle Artillery
Grand Warden Attack Strategies
- The Grand Warden has an incredible attack range. He can snipe a wizard tower without taking any hits.
- The GW can also destroy black hole and trap bases.
- The GW gives an HP buff to surrounding troops and buildings – so you want your GW near your most critical defenses.
Army Menu Grand Warden
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner|
|Dark Elixir Troops||• Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound • Bowler|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell|