Eagle Artillery Summary
- The Clash of Clans Eagle Artillery is a very powerful Town Hall 11 exclusive defense that has a range that covers almost the entire map but has a dead zone, similar to but bigger than that of a Mortar.
- At the start of defense, the Eagle Artillery remains dormant, and activates only after a total of at least 150 housing spaces worth of troops have been deployed. After 120 housing spaces worth of troops have been deployed the Eagle Artillery will light its eyes.
- Heroes and spells count as deployed units regardless of level. Each Hero is worth 25 troop housing spaces. Each spell (except Clone Spell) count as 10 troop housing spaces, and dark spells are worth 5 each.
- Activating the Archer Queen’s or Barbarian King’s ability will not add more troop spaces. Nor does the Witch add more troop spaces when summoning Skeletons. Dropping a Skeleton Spell only adds the spell’s equivalent worth of 5 troop housing spaces, the Skeletons don’t add more spaces; similarly dropping a Clone Spell only adds the spell’s equivalent worth of 20 troop housing spaces, the cloned troops don’t add more spaces.
- Eagle Artillery fires a volley of three successive shots at regular 10 second intervals, and is able to deal devastating damage to the unit it targeted with extremely small splash damage to units near its target.
- The Eagle Artillery targets according to a “heat map” or “hitpoint map”. In other words, it targets the area with the largest density of hitpoints.
- Unlike other defenses which keeps targeting the same troops until they die, the Eagle Artillery recalculates its targets each volley.
- Although the Golem is the “preferred target” of the Eagle Artillery, the Eagle Artillery always targets the area with the largest density of hitpoints regardless of whether or not there are Golems on the battlefield. However, due to the Golem’s high hitpoints, the Eagle Artillery has a very high chance of prioritizing a cluster of Golems.
- Place this defense in a place where its blind spot is covered, like a Mortar. Remember that it will only activate and begin to attack when a certain amount of troops are deployed, so keep it near the middle. This is so that by the time enemy troops start to enter your base, it will be in action.
- The Eagle Artillery deals 3x damage against Golems/Golemites; utilize it well to destroy them and expose weaker units such as Wizards, Witches and Heroes to firepower.
- Supercell encourages hybrid attacks (i.e. attacks that consists of two phases), it would be wise to put this defense away from the common targets like the Archer Queen, Air Defenses and Clan Castle troops. This will make it harder for attackers to prioritize what they should take out, thus making it harder for them to be able to destroy your base.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||Size|
|Level||Damage per Hit||Damage per Second||Shockwave Damage||Hitpoints||Gold Cost||Elixer Loading Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|7-50||three-shot volley each 10 seconds||Splash||Ground & Air||Golem (Damage x3)|
Eagle Artillery Strategy
Eagle Artillery Tips
- Eagle Artillery shoots three volleys. Each with 250/300 damage on impact every 10 seconds (x3 to Golems)
- The Eagle Artillery will attack the highest concentrated hit points within a certain area.
- The Eagle Artillery is intelligent! If the first shell kills the target, the next shells will quickly re-target other troops.
- The Barbarian King will survive all three volley shots from the Eagle Artillery if at full health and not under heavy fire. Wait until he drops below 50% to activate the Iron Fist – that will heal at least two strikes from the Eagle Artillery.
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Air Defense • Wizard Tower • Air Sweeper • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Eagle Artillery • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Town Hall • Gold Mine • Elixir Collector • Dark Elixir Drill • Gold Storage • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder's Hut • Clan Castle (Treasury)|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Dark Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar • Grand Warden Altar|
|Other Buildings||Decorations • Obstacles • Loot Cart|