- Clash of Clans Archer Towers are extremely good structures. They are able to target both Ground and Air Units, and they have excellent range. This versatility means that they should form the cornerstone of every player’s defense.
- Although the Archer Tower has a higher damage per second rating than the Cannon (until level 8, after which they are identical), the Archer Tower’s rate of fire is lower, giving it a higher damage per shot.
- Archer Towers can target both Ground and Air Units at an amazing distance. Therefore, it is generally a good idea to place them on the outer perimeter of the village. Doing so allows players to capitalize on the excellent range and provides good coverage for the rest of the defenses.
- As Archer Towers have the ability to target both Ground and Air Units, a good strategy would be to place all of the other defenses within range of at least one Archer Tower, and to use them somewhere near the middle of your village for maximum coverage.
- It is typically a good idea to upgrade Archer Towers before you upgrade Cannons. Although they are more expensive and take longer to upgrade than similar-level Cannons, Archer Towers have more range and can target air units as well as ground units.
- It is typically wise to put an Archer Tower near a Cannon or Mortar due to the fact that neither of these two structures can target air units.
- Their ability to target both Ground and Air Units makes Archer Towers formidable attackers. However, Archer Towers are only able to damage one unit at a time. This makes it very easy to overwhelm them with large groups of Archers or Barbarians.
- When deploying only a few Balloons, it is advisable to keep them away from an Archer Tower, as their slow movement speed makes them an easy target. However, Balloons deployed in large numbers will quickly destroy an Archer Tower while only losing one or two Balloons. After the Archer Towers (and Air Defenses) are taken out, the Balloons will proceed to destroy the rest of the village (although Wizard Towers can still be a problem). You can also place a group of Archers (around 15-25) and let them do the work.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Size|
|10||1s||Single Shot||Ground & Air||3×3|